Cooinda Aged Care Centre is a non profit organisation, belonging to the Gympie community and is administered by a committee of community minded business people and retired professionals.
Cooinda was established as an Aged Care Facility in 1965 with the support of the local community. It is set against a magnificent country setting on 25 acres in beautiful natural surroundings complete with native trees, kangaroos and many species of birds with its own meandering creek. The grounds provide opportunity for bush walks and seating under shady trees on those warm summer days overlooking beautiful gardens and lawns.[box]
Some of our special points of interest include :-[one_half] [custom_list]
- Choice of own doctor and chemist
- Medication supervision
- 24-hour emergency on-site call system
- Nursing staff on-site 24 hours
- Occupational Therapist
- Podiatrist and Dietician visits regularly
- Our Lifestyle program covers a large range of activities to suit individual needs
- Men’s Workshop
- Wellness Clinic
- Nutritious home style meals prepared on-site
- Visits by several religious denominations
- Access to local bus service and also the community bus
- Hairdresser visits weekly
- Provision for television, Austar, telephone and internet
- Cafe open 10am – 3pm Tuesday to Saturday
- Community visitors scheme.
Our Men’s shed provides an area for our male residents to continue to use such skills and recreational activities as wood working and furniture making.
Our cafe is open 5 days a week from 9am to 1.30pm. We provide a range of delicious snacks, meals and drinks including real coffee! Cappaucinos and latte’s are available as well as milkshakes, teas and cold drinks.
Cooinda has provided a resident’s gym with fully supervised individualised exercise programs. We have a qualified massage therapist and a Occupational Therapist who operate our pain clinic 2 days a week. This provides alternative therapies in addition to medication to assist our residents with pain control strategies. A dietician also visits fortnightly.