Cooinda rarely advertises job vacancies. We primarily select candidates for interviews from our database of applications submitted from time to time.
We may not have a vacancy in your chosen field today, however, we don’t know what will happen tomorrow, so we encourage you to lodge a resume with us.
Currently, we employ staff in the following roles:
- Kitchen hands
- Maintenance staff
- Assistants in Nursing
- Enrolled Nurses
- Registered Nurses
- Clinical Nurses
- Occupational Therapists
- Massage Therapists
- Allied Health Assistants
- Diversional Therapists
- Activities Officers
- Administration staff
While selection criteria can change from time to time, general requirements are listed below. In addition, please be aware that all employees are required to present a current Police Check Certificate and proof of qualifications prior to starting work. We recommend that you obtain a certificate through your local Police Station or www.afp.gov.au
- Certificate III in Aged Care/ Health & Leisure/ Diversional Therapy preferred
- For professional allied health and nursing staff, AHPRA registration is compulsory
- You must thrive in a team environment
- You must hold a respect for strict procedures
- Be fun to have around, and
- Be Committed to care
We welcome applications for work from graduate nurses and allied health professionals. These positions are strictly subject to availability.
Cooinda relies on an army of volunteers who add value to our services by donating their time to assist.
The roles volunteers perform include:
- Providing one-on-one companionship to residents
- Assisting with activities from outings to craft groups, fun days, etc.
- Providing music or other entertainment
- Manning our on-site Café
- Assisting our Gardener with grounds maintenance
- Fundraising activities
- Labelling clothing
- Administration tasks
We welcome those who are considering volunteering at Cooinda.
Before commencing with us, you need to register with the Gympie Region Volunteer Centre (GRVC) at Yah’Ning Place, 2/107 Mary Street, Gympie. You can also phone them on 0408 992 822, or email: email@example.com. After attending one of our orientation sessions, you’ll be ready to join our great team of volunteers.