Established in 1965, Cooinda Aged Care Centre is a non-profit organisation, belonging to the Gympie Community and is administered by a committee of community minded business people and retired professionals.
Set against a magnificent country setting on 25 acres, the Centre nestles amongst beautiful natural surrounds complete with native trees and wildlife. The manicured grounds provide opportunity for walks along pathways and seating under shady trees, overlooking beautiful gardens and lawns.
Providing a range of residential rooms, state of the art facilities, respite, health and wellbeing related programs and professional friendly staff Cooinda Aged Care Centre offers all the comforts of home in a safe and secure setting.
The Cooinda Difference
- Choice of own doctor
- Medication supervision
- Registered nurses rostered on all shifts
- Occupational Therapist
- Exercise Physiologist
- Massage Therapists
- Wellness Clinic
- Regular visiting Podiatrist, Dietician and Optometrist
- Lifestyle Department
- Nutritious home style meals prepared on site
- Visits by several religious denominations
- Access to local bus service and a community bus
- Weekly visiting Hairdresser
- Provision for television, Austar, telephone and internet
- Café open Monday to Friday 9am – 1.30pm
- Community Visitors Scheme
To enrich life for our residents through high quality care as a partnership between staff, the Management Committee, resident’s family and friends and the community.
To maintain and continuously improve an environment that:
- Is safe, friendly, attractive, vibrant and interactive
- Respects the rights, privacy, dignity and beliefs of all concerned
- Provides qualified, professional and caring staff
- Continuously grows and changes to meet the needs of all concerned.
- We value the rights and beliefs of our residents, staff and all involved parties at all times.
- We strive for excellence through ongoing accountability and improvement within all aspects of service and its providers.
- We nurture open and honest communication that respects trust and dignity.
- Our staff will be trained, supported and motivated to achieve excellence in all they do.